Found Around The House 2 – Electric Boogaloo
The kids bring home all sorts of goodies from school, or just leave other awesome art projects around the house. A literal mountain of paper is sifted through on a weekly basis and 98% goes in the bin. But, every now and again, a piece of gold comes home with all the chaff and refuses to be ignored.
This past week my son’s school celebrated Mother’s Day by having a Muffins With Mom day. A day where moms visit for the morning, have a muffin with their kid, and enjoy a slide show of pictures and nice things that each of the kids have said about their moms. Since there are so many kids in class, and only so much time for the visit, each kid only gets one notable thing about their mom put up during the slide show. This was Kim’s:
“What is mom not very good at?” Survey says! – “Making French Frise(sic)”
At the end of the visit, the kids presented their moms with a “surprise”. This was the surprise:
Let’s break it down, shall we?
My Mom – Chris, Age 7
- What is something Mom always says to you? – “I love you” – I would have also accepted “No” or “Don’t”
- What makes Mom happy? – “Hugs” – True, but Rum and Coke makes Mom happier
- What makes Mom sad? – “Me not doing chores” – Out of the list of things that makes Mom sad, this is really low on the list…
- How old is your Mom? – “38” – Close. Of course, when I was a kid I thought my mom was 25 for 10 years, so kudos Chris.
- What does Mom do when you’re not around? – “Work” – I would have also accepted “Dance Like No One’s Watching”
- What is Mom really, really good at? – “Working” –
Well, it’s definitely not cleaning!EVERYTHING
- What is Mom not very good at? – “making french frise” – See #3
- How do you know Mom loves you? – “She takes care of me” – #Truth
- What does your mom love most about your dad? – “he is funny” – That’s my boy!
These are a few of her favorite things
Food: “Cookies” – I would have also accepted “Rum and Coke”
Hobby: “Watching TV” – He calls ’em like he sees ’em
Place: “ALPL (acronym for where Kim works)” – Um… no?
Movie: “Wreck-it Ralph” – I would have also accepted “Say Anything” or “The Princess Bride”
Song: “Somebody to Love – Queen” – Close. “In Your Eyes” by Peter Gabriel
Way to relax: “Lounging” – I would have also accepted “Rum and Coke”
Store: “Giant Eagle” – I don’t know what Kim’s favorite store is, but I’m going to guess it’s not the local grocery store.
And, finally, Chris drew a picture of Mom:
In two weeks I’ll be attending Doughnuts With Dad. Maybe I’ll ask Kim to write a guest post to cover the event…