Found Around The House – Doughnuts With Dad
So, I got to attend Doughnuts With Dad with Chris and we had a good time. We walked into school together and he showed me around. They had coffee and juice out for dads and kids and we sat down at his desk and had some doughnuts. The teacher showed a video and then read a book about a dad and his kid on a camping trip. Afterward, we got to make paper airplanes and fly them around outside. I enjoyed spending my time with Chris and I think he enjoyed having me visit his school and spending some time with him.
Then he showed me what he had written for me…
- My dad’s name is: “Brian” – Not “Hey” so that’s a start
- My dad’s favorite food is: “Chicken Wings” – I do love me some Buffalo Wings. +1
- His favorite restaurant is: “KFC” – Never mind. -1
- In his free time, my dad likes to: “Talk with my mom” – Kids DO say the darndest things!
- When I am at school, my dad is: “working” – Tru dat!
- My dad likes the color: “Blue” – Good going Chris!
- When he was my age, my Dad liked to: “Play with Legos” – Again, Chris seems to know me.
- Dad’s job is: “to be a dad” – Existentially, sure.
- He likes his job because: “He likes being a dad” – The pay could be better though…
- My dad’s favorite holiday is: “Christmas” – I would have also accepted “Halloween”
- He likes that holiday because: “he is off of work” – OK, well, I don’t get Halloween off, so kudos Chris!
- My dad likes it when I: “am creative” – I would have also accepted “quiet”.
- What my dad likes best about being a father is: “He can yell at me” – Um, wut?
- His favorite sport is: “football” – I can count the number of times I’ve watched Football around Chris. Chris is seven and in that time there have been seven Superbowls. Seven. Then again, it’s the only sport I’ve watched around him so, from his point of view, Football IS my favorite sport. +1
- My dad is very special to me because: “he is funny” – That’s how I landed my beautiful wife! +1
I leave you with the artist’s rendering: